To delete your GroupMe account, log into your account and go to Settings > Accounts. Go to the bottom of the page and tap Delete Account.
GroupMe is a free messaging app that allows you to add other group members, create group chats, share photos and videos with group members, and send text messages to group members. In this guide, we will learn how you can delete your GroupMe account so that it is no longer accessible on your phone!
Delete Groupme Account Guide:
- Log in to your Groupme account.
- Click on the gear icon which is in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings from the menu that appears.
- Under Account Settings, click on Delete Account.
- Enter an account name, and then click Confirm to confirm your selection.
Cancel Via Mobile App:
- To delete your GroupMe account, log in to your account.
- Click the Menu on the upper left corner of your screen.
- Tap your name or picture to open the Profile page.
- Select the Edit icon next to your account name.
- Tap Delete account, Choose between Continue and Cancel and enter your password when prompted.
- You have 48 hours after you receive this message to cancel deletion; otherwise, you will lose all data associated with your account.
How To Delete GroupMe on iOS:
- To delete a GroupMe account, tap the App Store icon on your device’s home screen.
- Tap the three bars on top left, tap Profile icon on top left, and then scroll down to Deleting GroupMe Account.
- Confirm deletion by tapping Continue and then tapping X to remove it from your iPhone or iPad.
Delete Groupme Account Via Website:
- To delete your GroupMe account, open the GroupMe profile page and scroll down to the Delete Account section.
- Enter your password and confirm deletion by clicking Continue.
- Open the GroupMe app, log in, tap the three vertical bars on top left of the screen.
- Tap Username on top left, then tap Edit next to Account .
- Click Delete and Enter your password and confirm deletion by tapping Continue.
GroupMe is a social networking app that allows users to communicate with each other in groups. If a user deletes GroupMe account, the chat logs will still be available on the Group Me server support can retrieve these messages if needed.
GroupMe, a messaging app that allows users to communicate with each other in groups, does not specifically state that it is encrypted. However, messages sent through the app are likely not monitored by GroupMe or its parent company. If you delete your account, all of your messages and group settings will be deleted along with any contacts that were added to the group after you deleted your account.
To delete GroupMe from your iPhone, open the App Store and search for GroupMe. Tap GroupMe in the search results, tap the GroupMe app icon and select Settings from the main menu. Under General, tap Deactivate to delete a group you can do so by going to that group’s page and clicking on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen. On the Delete Group page that appears, click Delete Group to confirm your choice.