To delete your Square account, log in to squareup.com/account/settings and select Delete Account from the menu on the left under Your Profile. You’ll be prompted with few safety checks, after which you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to proceed. Enter the given password, and click continue. You can review any pending charges or pay them as normal, and you’ll have an chance to get in touch with support if there’s anything else you’d like to do.
How To Delete Square Account Guide:
- To delete your Square account, log in to Accounts & Settings from your Square dashboard.
- If you have not set up a 2 factor verification method for your account, you will need to provide an email address associated with the account.
- Once you have provided this address and confirmed that you want to deactivate the account, the account deletion process will be completed.
- To delete your Square account, contact Square directly via the Contact page. Open the Square contact page.
- Go to squareup.com/help/contact in your preferred browser.
- Click Account Settings. This option is located at the top of the Select Your Topic section.
- If you aren’t sign into Square, you’ll be prompt to log in with your email address and password here.
- Click Deactivate My Account. It’s at the top of this subsequent page, just below an Email Support button.
- Type in your request for account deletion.
- Click SUBMIT. This button is below the email box. Doing so will send an email to Square tech support , where your email will be reviewed and eventually fulfilled .
- Wait for a confirmation email from Square after your account deactivate.
Note:You are still liable for any outstanding obligations. For example, if you have a buyer who files a charge back, disputes a transaction, or cancels an order, Square will contact you and ask you to resolve the issue and then Square will close your account.
Square, a provider of point-of-sale systems, helps businesses take credit cards. Before deleting your account, remember that you only get charge if you use Square’s service. This means that if you own a seasonal business and want a break because of a family emergency. You may not require to delete your Square account in the interim.
Note that you may not want to delete your account before tax season because part of Square service can help you gather information essential for completing your tax forms. You will also lose your customer data. This may limit your access to these individuals once you remove ties with Square.